Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cooper

Last week we went to an animal shelter called Max Fund. When we walked into the Small Dog's room, all of the dogs were barking hysterically. All except this one chihuahua-terrier named Fido. Wanting to learn more about him, we read his description on his cage. Apparently he was found as a stray at King Soopers. He was found a month ago, and he is 11 months old. Thinking he was the right dog for us, we asked to take him on a walk. The animal shelter then gave us a leash and collar and, we were allowed outside with him. We walked him for about 10 minutes. Now we knew we was the perfect dog for us. So we turned in our application for him( the application was already filled out because we were there for another dog named Sadie Mae, but she was already adopted) . But, we learned that someone turned in an application for him earlier that day. We were the second application. I think my heart stopped for a split second. Throughout the next week, I was sure that we weren't going to get him. But I kept praying that we would get the right dog, and if that should be Fido, we would get him. I got an answer to my prayers, because on Thursday, I got home from school with a message telling us we were approved. I literally jumped for joy. On the way over we decided that we didn't like the name Fido. Some of the possibilities were, King, Cuate, Cooper, and Charlie. As you can see by the title of this post, we obviously chose Cooper.
What we know about Cooper so far:
  • He loves to play catch.
  • He was terrified of the doggy door at first, but now has no problem.
  • He is starting to get house trained.
  • His bark can be really deep, or really high.
  • He is fast.
  • He likes to go on walks.
  • He is curious.
  • He is a cuddler
We can't wait to see what the future holds.


2 comments:

Diana said...

I am glad that you got the comments to work! Cooper is such a cute dog. I am glad that your prayers were answered. I think he is the perfect dog for you guys =)

Kristalyn said...

What a cute dog! I'm glad that you got the right one for you! How did you know about Sadie Mae? He looks very happy!